Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fever Inspired Thoughts

Two of the members on my team have Bronchitis and both of them spent a significant amount of time in my cube last Friday.  Saturday the cough started, Sunday it increased, and by Monday afternoon I couldn't code for shit as my brain was boiling in a 101.4 degree temperature.  Monday night I went to bed at 7am and spent the night waking up every 45 minutes to an hour with a dry cough.  When my alarm went off at 6:30 there was no way I'd be able to make it in and be a productive employee.  I spent all day Tuesday and

Wednesday running a fever while sleeping and watching and replays of Bayern Vs Liverpool (A German team plays an English team in a game everyone else in the world calls football) and whatever documentaries I could find on Netflix. I also played the game where you close the bathroom door and turn on the shower to 8,000 degrees.  You punish yourself like this 4 times a day because its the only time of the day when you can breathe or have gone more than 3 minutes without a rib cracking cough.  My sanity came in the form of Texts from RJ, Cat, and then on Wednesday night Jamie came by after work to bring me Campbells soup, OJ, crackers, and Twizzler's- God Bless that women, next two bar tabs are on me James!!!  After the second day RJ decided it wasn't bronchitis but Arabian Super AIDS, I think I agree.  During the height of my fever, I wrote a few things that came up via text... below, however nonsensical is what follows:

"She", and most women that I know, have a crush on numerous guys at all times.   From listening to her and my other female friends discuss these pseudo fantasies I was confused why they didn't just go speak to the guy or manufacture an instance where they would have some interactions with them. Instead they would coo for hours in their head over the most insignificant details to further develop this imaginary version of a real person in their head: "He" wore a blank colored shirt which means he's sensitive, or I heard him talking about blah blah blah so it means he's a good guy who volunteers for charity, things like that.  It's almost as if they are more in love with the idea of the person in their head than the actual person.  Having figured that out I decided I'd try it out:
Hmmm... Who would I have a crush on...OK, so it has to be someone I don't know very well, it has to be someone I haven't had many interactions with or who I have close mutual friends with.  It can't be someone in a long term relationship because that's not logical, but I'm supposed to think like a women with a crush so it's supposed to be illogical?  No, that doesn't work- no long term relationship... (8 min pass) got it!
So.... what now?  I guess I'm supposed to take little bits of things about them to build them up in my head from our small interactions?   

Interaction #1 We met at a bar though a mutual friend, she was drinking wine- that means she likes wine and.... fuck. I'm not good at this.

Interaction #2.... Can't say that one, it'll give it away and isn't this supposed to be semi secret?

Interaction #3 Amy (Ep. 6ish Not so Crazy Amy) and I went out to Hibiscus during restaurant week.  While we were waiting to be seated said person was there with a group of people.  This means she likes to eat good food.... with friends...and save money... and donate to a charity for the North Texas Food Bank.  BAM!  I got that one.

You would think with 3 interactions I would have a lot more about the contrived personality of ____ than: She likes wine, she likes food, she has friends, and she's charitable.  Looks like I'm not as on point at developing a crush than my female peers.  I think I'll just ask our mutual friend when I see him if she's dating someone and take it from there.  Or Facebook stalk her to get real information.

Alphabrain contents
I know it's not possible but I think Miles Davis is actually raising my fever.  When I started this I felt semi-coherent and now it's 68 degrees in my apartment and I'm sweating bullets while seeing, SEEING, the notes of his trumpet come from my center channel.  Maybe taking some notropics (Alphabrain), choline, and OJ, right before this wasn't the best idea.  OR it could become an awesome idea! Lets keep rolling with this.

Best sick outfit ever!!
(2 hrs later).... Apparently I passed out right after the last sentence   I had to re-read it a few times because I could have sworn there was something about Rosario Dawson in there, but I guess not.  I hope it was in my dream.  It's also cold as hell in here, I need to put on my awesome zebra and leather house shoes and sock Monkey beanie, that'll keep me warm.  I think I'm done writing, like every other non-contributing member of society I'm going to turn on AMC to watch some movie I probably own on DVD....

No comments:

Post a Comment