Wednesday, April 17, 2013

World of Pearl(s)

Due to my ridiculous schedule of traveling for the sake of traveling I haven't really had anytime to meet someone face to face to do an interview.  It's also almost summer and the single people that were once single have since become attached at the hip.  Which made me cancel the interview, fearing I would get a love story about how wonderful it is to be in a glorious relationship and perfect so and so is.  Besides boring me into thinking of trying Heroin for the first time that defeats the purpose of an open and honest Q & A.  Since I met Pearl back in 2010ish we've only hung out a few time in person; the rangers game of 2010, a few impromptu happy hours and then her birthday this past year which was held at New West. On the other hand her Husband/man-child and I hang out a lot which probably explains why I don't see her.  Since she's part Mexican she makes sure she or someone responsible is watching their kids.  She doesn't let her German side take over and let the 9 year old watch the 7 year old... Or however old they are....  they talk and go to school but can't drive, so 9 and 7 sounds correct.  She's been in a relationship with Joe since they were.... 4?  Again, 4 sounds good.  Knowing that anyone in a relationship for that long would have some good advice on some things I decided to do an initial  email Q &A that at some point could transform into a "What would World of Pearls Do" based on real life situations.  She's also an amazing haridresser (www.bombshelllocksstudio.com) who has been at it for over 6 years so she's heard and dished out a lot of advice. 
I apologize right now for the all caps- she was emailing from her phone at the gym during a portion of it and the word translation to lowercase/ small caps/ did noting.

1)       What would you say is the most important thing in any relationship?
There are a few things, I believe, that are important in a relationship…1) Communication 2) Working as a team
3) Honesty 4) Love 5) Being on the same page … If those aren’t present then good luck.

2)       What’s the worst thing a guy could do in a relationship?  What’s the worst thing a girl could do?
I think everyone will agree with me, IT'S CHEATING! For both parties! I once had an English teacher who told me, if you lie…you cheat…if you cheat…you steal….if you steal….you kill. A little extreme but if you think about it there’s some truth to it.

3)       What makes a relationship last?
Friendship… As long as the two people involved are good companions and love each other…they can surpass anything.

There's more to it than that... using the friendship term is a supergay hallmark line. I think money, looks, and love make relationships last more than friendship. No one in the entire history of dating says (girl's voice) I'd really like to meet a great friend  Or we aren't in love and I can't afford my tacos but he's a greeeeat friend to me.

THEN QUOTE ME AS THE FIRST TO SAY THAT.  IT WILL WORK.  HAHAHA, WELL, YEAH BRAD THERE IS MORE TO IT.  IN THE BEGINNING YOU GO FOR LOOKS, THEN PERSONALITY.  IF THOSE CHECK OUT, THERE HAS TO BE A PHYSICAL ATTRACTION AND THE REST FOLLOWS.  FRIENDSHIP COMES AFTER THE TOP TWO HAVE CHECKED OUT AND THEN IF THE RELATIONSHIP LASTS, FRIENDSHIP IS THE MAIN PRIORITY FOR LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS. BECAUSE IF IN THE LONG RUN THE ATTRACTIVE, GREAT PERSONALITY BECOMES FAT/UNATTRACTIVE THEN YOU STILL HAVE FRIENDSHIP/LOVE. 

Why is dating such a difficult process?
People aren't confident in themselves and not having confidence shows. Also going to the wrong places, you will find the wrong people. If you have personal issues fix them, no one wants negative energy around them. Last but not least, If you think you can change a person, YOU CAN'T, don't do that to yourself.

What differences do you see in the dating scene?
Women are just giving it away and men are never satisfied?! WAIT, IS THAT A DIFFERENCE?!? LOL
Women stop it!…have some self respect if you have to give it away to have him be interested in you, he was never really interested in the first place. Have some standards don’t settle for less than you deserve, you’re worth it! Men stop being ungrateful, if you get a girl who treats you good be happy you probably won’t find another one of those. If you do find another, Karma will come back and bite you for doing what you did to the past “good girl”. THAT GOES FOR WOMEN AND MEN

You said girls are giving it up too easy. Should there be a time frame like the 3 date rule or should it be once you have the expectation of monogamy?
I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE A GUY CHASE YOU FOR A WHILE.  EVERYONE LIKES A CHALLENGE, RIGHT?! OF COURSE MONOGAMY SHOULD ALWAYS COME INTO FACTOR.  YOU SHOULD VALUE YOURSELF MORE THAN GOLD AND RIGHT NOW GOLD IS PRETTY EXPENSIVE
It's actually gone down the last few days- maybe that will help me?
      
What’s your idea of the perfect date, and New West better not be involved?
Haha…Brad…That was the first time I had ever been there. The perfect date can be anywhere as long as you are enjoying each other’s company.

Again with the lame ass generic answers, which aren't like you at all.  Give me your idea of what the perfect date your SO would do for you.
PERFECT DATE: SCHEDULE A SPONTANEOUS TRIP ANYWHERE OUT OF SUPERFICIAL DALLAS (WHICH I LOVE) PREFERABLY CALIFORNIA.  I'M A CALIFORNIA GIRL AT HEART! LET'S DO RANDOM STUFF SINCE WE DON'T KNOW ANYONE THERE...HAHA

 What’s the best meal you've ever had?
The best meal I’ve ever had….that’s really hard because I love food! When it comes to food it’s the simplest things I love such as, homemade flour tortillas, sunny side-up eggs with sliced avocado & bell peppers….I love steaks, Medium-Well, please! With A-1 steak sauce.(I know people shrug to A-1 but I think it’s delicious) oh and my fat straws, extra bubbles! Oh a new attraction is Mediterranean food, really just kabobs. I really appreciate food more than it knows.

Not to name names but whats the most broken or crazy relationship you've ever seen?

I DON'T KNOW TO BE HONEST, I THINK EVERY RELATIONSHIP HAS ITS OWN BATTLES. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE PAIRING UP TOGETHER AND COMMUNICATING. THAT'S HARD ENOUGH..

 Do you think any movie about relationships has it correct?
Yes! I love the movie “He’s just not that into you”, it’s so good and so true, all of it! Although everyone secretly wants the 16 candles ending....such a great movie.

Is there anything that can happen in a relationship that is absolute end all?
Yes, when trust is broken…you can repair it but it’s like red wine on white carpet. You can cover it up with a rug but it’s still right beneath the surface.

Do you think formal weddings are necessary?
No, I don’t believe formal weddings are necessary. I think they are beautiful but a union starts from a committed understanding in between two individuals.

Do you think you’ll have more kids?
Um, No! I have my pair and they are great/perfect…why should I mess that up?? Plus college is really expensive.

What do you find least attractive in the opposite sex?
I really don't know??? hair, nose hairs ....hahaha


Being a hairstylist;  what are some guys and girls style that is played out? Is there anything wrong w a guy going to procuts or should he see a professional like yourself? 

PLAYED OUT STYLES; FOR GIRLS DEFINITELY THE DARK UNDERNEATH AND BLONDE/PLATINUM ON TOP.  SORRY BUT IT'S TIME TO HANG UP THAT CARD.  THERE'S OTHER UPDATED WAYS to GET THAT LOOK, .IF THAT IS THE LOOK YOU ARE WANTING.  FOR GUYS, IDK, MEN HAVE IT EASIER THAN GIRLS.  JUST FINDING A CUT THAT WORKS WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WHAT YOU WANT. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A GUY GOING TO SPORTS CLIPS, BUT IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU WANT in a haircut!  I PERSONALLY PUT MY ALL IN EVERYTHING I DO.  I'M VERY METICULOUS WHEN IT COMES TO MY CAREER,NOTHING ELSE, LOL. I DON'T LIKE TO PUT ANYBODY DOWN IN MY INDUSTRY.  THE ONES WHO WORK HARD GET PAID IN THE END.  I DID THREE LONG, HARD APPRENTICESHIPS TO GET WHERE I AM AND KNOW WHAT I KNOW.  WHEN CONTINUING EDUCATION IN ANY FIELD IS KEY-EVOLVE WITH THE WORLD  

Grooming... what do you suggest guys should start doing that they aren't- same w the ladies? 

GROOMING, JUST KEEP WELL GROOMED.  PAYING ATTENTION MEN: YOU DO NOT ONLY GROW HAIR ON YOUR CHIN; THERE'S HAIR IN EARS, EYE BROWS, NOSE, ALL THAT STUFF- ATTENTION TO DETAIL. LADIES, HELL I'M PROBABLY GUILTY OF SOME OF THE STUFF, ONE OF MY PET PEEVES IS ALWAYS SMELL GOOD.

Just a note here- on my last flight to OKC I received 2 compliments while waiting to board on my cologne.  Chanel Bleu- definitely pick some up.  Plus the Chanel commercial with Brad Pitt is the funniest, most unintentional humor that makes no sense commerical ever.  Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs4CjeJiJQ  The second funniest is the Stephen Dorff Blu Commerical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZishwAt_RM

That concludes part one folks!  Later this week I'm going to post my "Tale of 4 Cities".... It's pretty much a run down of how every girl I met outside of Dallas was awesome.  Even OKC- Especially the OKC girls- that's hard to say for a Longhorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment